Thursday 6 November 2014

This week has been a crazy whirlwind of newness, change and adjustment, strangely balanced with a welcoming comfort and familiarity.  Moving into a new home has been an adventure. Probably should have put that one on the list. It's introduced stresses, deadlines and financial changes into my everyday routine which I'm sure my husband will tell you has turned me into a little bit of a B.  Knowing that the adjustment is only temporary, and that time is finally on my side is what seems to be keeping me sane....kind of.   The only limitations to the arms on the clock now are my own.

How am I going to find time to write?  How can I possibly make time for myself?  And yet, how can I not?

I'm now making it a priority to pull myself away from the things that will consume me if I let them. I've made this commitment to myself.  I own it, just as much as I own my new home.  (By the way, anyone else feeling like your home owns you?)  With this new, bigger commitment I have to be honest, I'm kinda feeling like I have shackles around my ankles pulling me back to my front door while my well manicured nails are digging in the overgrown lawn, grasping for a way out, yet only tossing up dirt and leaves.

And so inevitably, as it always does in these circumstances, it's happened yet again. The travel bug has officially hit.

And so it begins.

As much as I have tried to avoid travel expenses to start this journey, I can't avoid the cities that are calling my name, taunting me to visit.  NYC I need you. It's been too long.

So this is where I will leave you, yet at the same time it is where I will start.

1. Start a blog.

peace, love, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment